Low-level HDF5 “
H5G” group interface.
- h5py.h5g.open(ObjectID loc, STRING name) GroupID ¶
Open an existing HDF5 group, attached to some other group.
- h5py.h5g.create(ObjectID loc, STRING name or None, PropLCID lcpl=None, PropGCID gcpl=None) GroupID ¶
Create a new group, under a given parent group. If name is None, an anonymous group will be created in the file.
- h5py.h5g.iterate(GroupID loc, CALLABLE func, UINT startidx=0, **kwds) Return value from func ¶
Iterate a callable (function, method or callable object) over the members of a group. Your callable should have the signature:
func(STRING name) => Result
Returning None continues iteration; returning anything else aborts iteration and returns that value. Keywords:
- STRING obj_name (“.”)
Iterate over this subgroup instead
- h5py.h5g.get_objinfo(ObjectID obj, STRING name='.', BOOL follow_link=True) GroupStat object ¶
Obtain information about a named object. If “name” is provided, “obj” is taken to be a
GroupIDobject containing the target. The return value is a GroupStat object; see that class’s docstring for a description of its attributes.
If follow_link is True (default) and the object is a symbolic link, the information returned describes its target. Otherwise the information describes the link itself.
- class h5py.h5g.GroupStat¶
Represents the H5G_stat_t structure containing group member info.
fileno: 2-tuple uniquely identifying the current file
objno: 2-tuple uniquely identifying this object
nlink: Number of hard links to this object
mtime: Modification time of this object
linklen: Length of the symbolic link name, or 0 if not a link.
“Uniquely identifying” means unique among currently open files, not universally unique.
- class h5py.h5g.GroupID¶
Represents an HDF5 group identifier
Test for group member (“if name in grpid”)
Get an iterator over member names
Number of members in this group; len(grpid) = N
The attribute “links” contains a proxy object providing access to the
H5Lfamily of routines. See the docs for h5py.h5l.LinkProxy for more information.
Hashable: Yes, unless anonymous
Equality: True HDF5 identity unless anonymous
- get_comment(STRING name) STRING comment ¶
Retrieve the comment for a group member.
- get_create_plist() PropGCID ¶
Retrieve a copy of the
group creation property listused to create this group.
Retrieve the value (target name) of a symbolic link. Limited to 2048 characters on Windows.
- get_num_objs() INT number_of_objects ¶
Get the number of objects directly attached to a given group.
- get_objname_by_idx(INT idx) STRING ¶
Get the name of a group member given its zero-based index.
- get_objtype_by_idx(INT idx) INT object_type_code ¶
Get the type of an object attached to a group, given its zero-based index. Possible return values are:
Create a new hard or soft link. current_name identifies the link target (object the link will point to). The new link is identified by new_name and (optionally) another group “remote”.
Link types are:
- move(STRING current_name, STRING new_name, GroupID remote=None)¶
Relink an object. current_name identifies the object. new_name and (optionally) another group “remote” determine where it should be moved.
- set_comment(STRING name, STRING comment)¶
Set the comment on a group member.
Remove a link to an object from this group.
Object type codes¶
Named (file-resident) datatype